Sunday, February 1, 2015

One Month Down, Eleven to Go!

The title says it all. One month down, eleven to go!
January was a month of cold, and colder, temperatures. And yes, snow. Now before you think another thought, I'll say it, "Yes, I know I live in Vermont and it is after all Winter!"
For me this was a tougher January to get outside for miles. Only 15 actual outside days. I did log some indoor miles through PE and recess at the school at work at.
What does this all boil down to in terms of the 2,015 in 2015 virtual challenge? Well, I logged 55 miles this month. My teammates Barbara and Lisa logged 64 and 70 miles, respectively. This means team No Easy Feet's January total is 189.
Not bad, especially since I do not have access to a treadmill (or as Lisa calls it the dreadmill).

There are thousands of people taking part in this virtual challenge from all over the world. People doing the 2,015 solo. Others in pairs. And plenty of trios like mine. The postings are constant. Sometimes I just have to step back and turn them off because it is important for me, and every one of us, to remember it's not a race and to go at one's own pace!

Welcome February! Yes, it is still cold. Yes it was windy today. But the sun was out. And the daylight is noticeably longer! Barbara and I did 5 chilly miles together this morning (especially gratifying after finding out each one of us was going to "bail" on getting out as individuals).

February is a short month. I am looking forward to the lost Dutchman Half Marathon in Apache Junction, AZ. With this in mind, and 8 days of AZ walking weather, I am willing to bet that No Easy Feet tops 189!

See ya in March!

  I told you it was frosty here in January!

Several participants in the virtual 2,015 in 2015 challenge celebrated their teams reaching 100 miles on January 25th. One of my teammates, Barbara, is wearing the read hat.

No comments:

Post a Comment